Thinking about applying for the Community Brokerage Award?

Hi. Applications are now open for our open course, starting in September 2022. If you have any questions about the application process or the course itself, please get in touch.

3 Likes

Welcome Jenny, great to have you here for this, looking forward to the webinar tomorrow, think there are still places, see https://communitybrokerage.scot/

1 Like

Who ‘approves’ the community brokerage award? At the moment brokers are unregulated as far as i know. Calling someone an ‘Approved Broker’ seems deceptive to me, as it suggests they have an authority that they don’t. I have no issue with training people, but making that training sound ‘official’ seems wrong to me.

Hi Josh, thanks for your questions. The ABCof P stands for the Approved Brokers Community of Practise. The Community Broker Award is a customised Award which is accredited by the Scottish Qualification Authority (SQA). It sits at level 7 in the Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework (SCQF). The ‘approved’ comes from them completing the award and being approved to join the ABC of P. At this stage, only brokers who have completed the training can join the ABC of P. It is to ensure they can access ongoing support and professional development.

Thanks,

Anne-Marie

1 Like